Our Underfloor Insulation is better choice,the wooden floors were having draught and inadequate insulation, which can make you feel cold floors and cause higher energy bills. Get your Instant Quotes for Commercial or Residential Insulation services by Professionals. Book your survey now! Cheapest Prices in the UK!
Are you feeling cold floors? then Underfloor Spray Foam Insulation is better choice..
“Insulating your underfloor is easy and more effective, the best way to keep your home warm and reduce your energy bills. The wooden floors were having draught and inadequate insulation, which can make you feel cold floors and cause higher energy bills”.
What type of floors required underfloor Insulation?
According to EST (Energy Saving Trust), you can save 10% of energy savings through proper underfloor insulation. You will save around £40 – £75 per annum. Foremost, we have to identify the type of floor, and decide the best way of installation. We can determine it in two ways:
Suspended Timber floor Insulation:
In Timber floor insulation, your home will have access to the basement or cellar and able to see wooden joists and undersides floorboards. Here we are insulating spray foam below the floorboards not much disruptive. Outside of the house, you can able to see ventilation bricks.
Is there any other options for Suspended Timber Floor Insulation?
Yes, If you don’t have access to underneath the suspended timber floor, We have to lift the carpet and floorboards to fit joists. Insulating floorboards can installed by using professional installers. We will help you pick the best way of floor installation and find the right spray foam installer.
Concrete floor Insulation:
In the concrete floor, insulation can be laid over the existing floor. By spray form insulation laying a new layer on top of the existing concrete floor. This will raise the floor level, so skirting boards, electrical sockets will be refitted and doors are trimmed. Insulating your floor underneath, it can regulate the temperature and preventing overheat in rooms.
Are building regulations required?
Yes, Homeowners will be responsible to comply with house regulations, as with most home improvements, renovations, and other insulation must comply with evolving building regulations in your region. If you are adding any padding to the existing floor, make sure that rooms on the ground floor still meeting the minimum room heights. These steps reduce the risk of fire, and you can achieve minimum U-values. In England and Wales, the current rules stipulate that there should obtain a U-value of 0.25 W/m2K or less. If you hire professional contractors, they will arrange this on your behalf, saving you the hassle of checking compliance depends upon additional factors such as floor, shape, and size.
Benefits of Underfloor Insulation:
1. Energy Saving: Better spray foam insulation you can save 10- 15% of energy savings, according to Energy Saving Trust (EST). You can have savings on electricity bills up to £50- 100 a year depends upon the type of house.
2. Sound Proofing: Make sure that your property meets the latest building regulations for Soundproofing. By dense insulating layer of spray foam can act as Underfloor sound insulation, it will be absorbed and lessened sound entering into your home. It gives you more comfort and calm conditions inside the building.
3. Improved Structural Integrity: Spray foam underfloor insulation helps to strengthen the structural integrity of the floor. Everyone knows about the roof insulation, but underfloor insulation fills the gaps between floorboards. It seals all corners and eliminates convection air currents.
4. Maintain Room Temperatures: Expanded Foam Insulation is the better way that can provide an airtight sealing to the Timber or concrete floors. By insulating expanding spray foam, it minimizes thermal bridging, maintaining room temperatures in the room.
5. Insulating around Wires and pipes: Differentiating the conventional and traditional insulation’s that spray foam is merely enabling you to insulate around the wires and tubes.
Costs of Underfloor Insulation:
In Uninsulated wooden floors, 15% of heat can be lost through skirting boards and joists of a timber floor. Properly insulating the underfloor makes your home warm, and also it saves 10% of energy savings. You also need a professional spray foam installer to ensure that all areas of the building are properly sealed. Your underfloor insulation options depend upon the type of floors such as
• Suspended Timber Floor Insulation
• Concrete Floor Insulation
• Tiled Floors
Are you looking for a price? Here, according to the EST(Energy Saving Trust), when you are looking price range of between £800- £2000 on average. It will vary depending upon the type of insulation, size of the room, type of flooring, level of thickness applied, and other repairs to your floor required. Always get 3-4 quotes from the spray foam installers, this will help to get an idea about the products and prices in the market.
Finding a Professional Contractor in your local area
You can find a professional local spray foam installer by using our website: Spray Foam Warehouse.
If you fit floor installation yourself, make sure that you comply with building regulations for the minimum energy efficiency values. You can check building regulations in your local area through the Planning Portal, and We recommend you to check for an accredited contractor or member of the National Insulation Association.